Experienced Family Lawyer in Geneva, Illinois
Effectively Handling All Family Law Matters in Kane County as well as Kendall, Dekalb and DuPage counties
Attorney Douglas B. Warlick has the trial experience, negotiating skills, and legal knowledge to provide effective representation in any family law matter. Mr. Warlick enjoys a solid reputation among his colleagues and judges as a result of his credentials, integrity and commitment to legal excellence.
From offices in Geneva, The The Law Offices of Douglas B. Warlick & Associates represents individuals and families in Kane County as well as Kendall, Dekalb and DuPage counties. Contact our office today to schedule a confidential consultation.
Building on the experience of Mr. Warlick, we are able to effectively represent people facing any family law concerns:
- In divorce, we are often able to resolve contentious matters effectively and efficiently. Mr. Warlick's prior experiences in business law, real estate law and civil litigation help to ensure that any business valuation is completed properly so that any division of marital assets is fair and equitable.
- We can effectively negotiate difficult family law issues, such as child custody and support and spousal maintenance. We represent parents at the time of separation or later in post-divorce modification and enforcement actions.
- We prepare prenuptial agreements and postnuptial agreements to prevent future litigation in the event of divorce.
- We provide mediation services. As a court appointed and certified mediator, Mr. Warlick can help couples resolve divorce, custody, and financial support issues without resorting to litigation.
- Mr. Warlick is trained in collaborative law, a process specifically designed to resolve divorce issues fairly and without litigation.
- We help mothers sue for child support and represent fathers who want to prove paternity to gain access to their child.
- The courts of Illinois take domestic violence seriously. We represent battered women (or men) seeking domestic violence orders and we protect the rights of men who are falsely accused.
- We handle both contested and consensual adoption, representing parents and children in related legal matters.
- As a court-appointed guardian ad litem (GAL), Mr. Warlick protects the rights and best interests of minors in family law cases.
- We can handle any juvenile law case involving abuse or neglect, including Illinois DCFS removal from the home.
- Although the State of Illinois currently recognizes civil unions and marriages for same-sex couples, sometimes gay and lesbian couples can establish some protections for their relationships through contractual arrangements. We can prepare cohabitation agreements and other legal documents to protect same-sex couples or help the parties when those relationships did not work out.
Contact our office today. Mr. Warlick meets personally with clients in a discounted initial consultation, and handles all aspects of each case himself.