Modification & Removal

Modification and Enforcement

St. Charles child support modification lawyer

Child Custody and Support Modifications Lawyer

Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving Kane County as well as Kendall, Dekalb and DuPage Counties

The Law Offices of Douglas B. Warlick & Associates in Geneva, Illinois, provides skilled legal representation for all family law matters. For more than 30 years (since 1981), attorney Doug Warlick has been protecting the rights and interests of people and families in Kane County as well as Kendall, Dekalb and DuPage Counties.

Today, he effectively represents parents seeking modification of child custody and support arrangements and spousal support levels. Additionally, he represents parents who are pursuing or opposing child support enforcement actions.

Contact our office today to schedule a discounted initial consultation with attorney Doug Warlick.

Providing Effective Representation in Post-Divorce Modification Motions

Generally a divorce decree is intended to establish the terms for an ongoing relationship between separating spouses. However, circumstances may change with time, prompting a need for modification.

  • Custody and Visitation: Work schedules and the needs of children change over time. If the current custody and visitation plan is not working or if you need to seek permission for out-of-state relocation, we can help. Doug Warlick is a tireless advocate who will work to ensure your child custody arrangement meets the needs of you and your family.
  • Child Support: Either parent may sue for modification of child support, but the court will generally only agree to modification if there has been a substantial change in circumstances. If you have lost a job, if you believe the other parent's income is higher than reported, or if your expenses for primary custody have risen, you can request a modification of support.
  • Alimony/Spousal Maintenance: In limited circumstances, maintenance or spousal support granted in the initial divorce decree can be modified. If you believe an ex-spouse no longer requires maintenance, you can petition for a termination of alimony. Likewise, if your former spouse's income has risen significantly or your income has substantially decreased, we can help you argue for an increase in monthly spousal support.

Because the judge has a fair amount of latitude in motions to change custody, visitation, support or alimony, it is extremely important to have quality legal counsel.

Skillfully Representing Parents in Child Support Enforcement Actions

We also have the knowledge and resources necessary to effectively represent parents in enforcement actions. Whether you have been accused of failing to meet child support obligations or your child's other parent hasn't made the expected child support payments, we can protect your rights and interests.

Contact family lawyer Doug Warlick for effective legal counsel and strong advocacy. We provide a discounted initial consultation for new clients.

Practice Areas


114 E. State Street, Geneva, IL 60134


Talk to an attorney now. Call 630-232-9700.
For faster response to after-hours inquiries, please   email us.